Dry Shampoo is a wonder for those days you don’t want to wash your hair and it may be getting a little oily. I love using this so that I limit the amount I am washing my hair, which not only protects my hair but saves water from less showers.
- 4 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons bentonite clay
- 1.5-2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Sift the three ingredients together into an airtight jar. Make sure you sift everything together so you don’t get any lumps.
2. You can add more or less cocoa powder depending on your hair color. It’s best to start with less and add more, teaspoon by teaspoon, until you get to a color close to your hair color. Do your best to not add too much cocoa powder, or you’ll be too chocolatey.
How to Use:
1. This Dry Shampoo will last a long time if kept dry. I keep mine in a mason jar.
2. First brush out your hair so their are not knots or tangles prior to adding the Dry Shampoo.
3. When I need to use it, I pour a teaspoon as a time into my hand and sprinkle it onto my scalp. I part my hair at various points and sprinkle in the shampoo.
4. Use your fingers to toss around the mixture so it spreads out throughout your hair.
5. Let it sit on your hair for a minute or two to allow the oil to get absorbed by the mixture.
6. Now brush out your hair and style it as your normally would. Enjoy!