Making your own pickles is so simple and much more delicious than store bought pickles! This recipe makes pickles in less than a day and they are so yummy!
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tbsp garlic
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp white sugar
1/2 tsp crushed black peppercorns
1. Mix together the water, vinegar, salt, and sugar in a middle pot on low to medium heat. Cook until the sugar completely dissolves.
2. Add the garlic, black peppercorns, and red pepper flakes to the liquid. Let it cook with the water vinegar mixture for 1-2 minutes.
3. While the water vinegar mixture is heating, cut the cucumbers. We cut them into 8 parts, but you can half them, quarter them, or however you like your pickles.
4. Pack the cucumbers into a jar. Pour the liquid into the jar to cover the cucumbers.
5. Screw the lid onto the jar and let the cucumbers pickle in the refrigerator over night to 24 hours.
These pickles will last in the fridge for 4-8 weeks or so. Enjoy! 🥒