A favorite weekend breakfast item in our house is pancakes! They are light and fluffy and buttery! I love how versatile they are and you can accommodate everyone just by sprinkling in a few fun flavors! Yum! 🥞
Check out our recipe for full proof, delicious pancakes! This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled or quadrupled!
7.5 oz all purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
3.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp table salt
1 1/4 cup whole milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Servings: 4-6 pancakes (depending on how large you make them)
1. Combine the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder) in a bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Add the wet ingredients (sugar, vanill, milk, egg), plus 2 tbsp melted butter to the dry.
3. Whisk until just combined. A few lumps remaining is normal and actually helps make the pancakes stay light and fluffy. If you overmix the batter, the pancakes will be tough.
4. Spread some of the remaining melted butter into your skillet of choice. We like to use the cast iron flat top to allow more to cook at the same time, since we like our pancakes big. Warm the butter to medium heat on the stovetop.
5. Scoop the batter onto the warm butter and let it sit until you see bubbles popping through the top of the batter. This is also a good time to add any flavors into the batter. Sprinkle chocolate chips or fruit or nuts into the batter after you scoop it onto the skillet. This is a great time to get creative!
6. Flip the pancake and cook until the bottom is golden brown.
7. Keep the pancakes warm in the oven on the lowest setting while you finish making the remaining pancakes.
8. Serve warm and enjoy! You can spread butter, syrup, fruit, whipped cream, or whatever you want on the pancakes! Yum!