With the weather getting warmer and the sun staying out longer, there is a natural, sustainable, and energy efficient way to make tea: Sun Tea!
Making Sun Tea is super easy. All you need is a large, clear container to hold the tea, the tea if your choice, and a space outside that gets sun.
The best time to do it is when the temperatures are above 60 degrees, but I’ve done it on a sunny day in the mid 50s and it works well.
1. Fill the container with tap water. You can start with hot tap water if it’s on the colder side outdoors.
2. Add enough tea bags for your container size. My husband secures the tea bag string to the container lid, but I just toss them in and fish them out when it’s done. 🤷♀️
3. Place the container outside on a level surface where it’ll get full sun.
4. Leave it outside all day to brew. I usually put it out first thing in the morning and then leave it out until dinner time. You’ll have to give it a try to see your preferred brew strength.
5. Then, pop the container into the fridge or plop in some ice and enjoy!