My puppers love their snacks! I like to give them all natural, organic treats. Often times, dog treat recipes have many ingredients and it entails baking and shaping and mixing. I do that enough for my food, so I wanted something that’s easy for the dogs. My doggies have given these their seal of approval!
1 large sweet potato
2 cups water
4 tbsp lemon juice
1. Slice the sweet potato into thin pieces. I did this with a mandoline cutter.
2. Soak the potato slices in the water and lemon juice for at least an hour. The acid in the lemon juice will “cook” the potatoes.
3. Move the slices to a rag and pat them dry.
4. Move the dry slices to the racks of your dehydrator. You can also do this in your oven on its lowest temp. If you do it in the oven, make sure to check on them often to ensure they don’t burn.
5. Let them dry in the dehydrate for about 9-10 hours. You can check them throughout the process to see how they are coming along. They will be crispy, but not shatteringly when they are finished.
6. Store in a baggie or other air tight container.